Thursday, May 20, 2010

Y'er Authentic Pirate Map: Arts and Crafts Activity

Ahoy me mateys--
Here's an art project perfect for your Pirate party, or any day: making a authentic pirate map. It couldn't be easier to set up, and I have to admit, it's a project that I've done many times with my kids and each time they love it.

Here's What you Need:
Paper Grocery Bags
Pens
Some ideas to give (if needed) to add to map: dock, treasure, volcano, ocean, boats, sharks, whales, pirate ship, cave, palm trees, pirate flag, etc.

Step One: Tear map-like shapes from your paper grocery bags.


Step 2: Step up table with crayons, pens and more, and have kids create.

Step 3: And thar' she is-- authentic Pirate maps, perfect for treasure huntin'!

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your project! You can see it here:

http://funfamilycrafts.com/pirate-treasure-maps/

If you have other kid friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!

Betsy said...

Thank you Cindy for the feature!! I'm sure I have some other projects I can point you to-- I'll look through my site and gather some urls. :) Have a great day.